Hello and welcome to the Gamers Source, your destination for gaming information. The Xbox One launch in Japan is off to a slow start, but Microsoft is reported to be buying Mojang, so there's that. So, without further ado, the news:
- Xbox One Selling Low in Japan - It's been over one week and sales numbers have finally come in. Since the launch on September 4th, the Xbox One has only sold roughly 22.5 thousand units. To put some perspective into those numbers, PS4 sold over 300 thousand units in just two weeks of launch.
Hopefully this isn't an indication of things to come for Microsoft. The company has always had trouble making it in Japan, and the next generation doesn't look like it's going to change that trend. Maybe things will be different with the Chinese launch.
- Microsoft Wants Mojang, and Minecraft - According to recent reports, Microsoft is in talks to acquire the studio Mojang. The famous developer behind Minecraft is reported to sell for $2 billion, though conflicting stories cite that famous founder Markus 'Notch' Persson would leave the developer if the sale finalizes.
This is great news for Xbox Owners and definitely smart on Microsoft's part. The real question is how the company will handle the IP. Mojang is really only known for Minecraft, and though Minecraft is wildly successful, there isn't a whole lot else that Mojang is known for. That, and why will happen to all of the other iterations of the game across various platforms? Only time will tell, but smart move for sure.
- PS Vita Exclusive Murasaki Baby finally gets a release date and price.
- Resident Evil Revelations 2 will release episodically rather than one solid release.
- Destiny has already sold $500 million to retailers in just the first day.
- Mercedes DLC will be coming to Drive Club.
- The Wii U version of Watch_Dogs will release this November.