Hello and welcome to the Gamers Source, your destination for gaming information. Samsung announces an Oculus Headset add-on for it's newest phone and . So, without further ado, the news:
- Samsung and Oculus Announce Mobile VR Headset - Samsung announced today that a new mobile VR headset will be coming this fall. Named the Samsung Gear VR, the headset is a case that holds the new Samsung Note 4 phone and uses Oculus technology to display the screen as if wearing a VR headset. Though the headset is set to launch this fall, this version is dubbed the 'Innovator Edition' and is aimed towards enthusiasts and developers. The everyday consumer is being urged to hold off for a bit.
It seems that Oculus is putting that Facebook money to use. This is an interesting approach, as VR headsets have yet to truly prove themselves in the home, but if this VR headset takes off, Oculus will be on the forefront for mobile VR. It's worth noting that the size of the Gear VR makes it hard to believe just how mobile it will be, but having the ability to simply plug up your phone to work the headset sounds really appealing.
- How to Survive: Storm Warning Edition is coming to PS4 and Xbox One with all the previous DLC.
- New PayDay 2 DLC seems to be poking fun at EA's Battlefield series.
- SRPG Natural Doctrine has been delayed for one week.
- Bayonetta 2 focused Nintendo Direct will stream tomorrow.
- Ray's the Dead has been announced for PS Vita as well as PS4 and will be Cross Buy.
- Minecraft will launch on Xbox One this Friday and players who own it on Xbox 360 can upgrade for only $5.
- Sony's newest Xperia phones can use Remote Play with PS4.
- Project Cars gets a UK release date for PS4, Xbox One and PC.
- Watch_Dogs DLC staring T-Bone has been announced.
- 15 more cars have been announced for Forza Horizons 2.
- Forza 5 is free on Xbox One this weekend.
And that is all for the day! Don't forget to share this page with your friends and family who enjoy gaming. Do you think that developers and consumers will find the Gear VR interesting enough to invest in? Sound off in the comments below. Don't forget to follow me on Twitter @Jesterhead0302 and, as always, keep the conversation going.