- Phil Fish Blast the Internet, Again: Fabled creator of indie hit Fez has taken to Twitter to once again shatter the dreams of fans. To quote Fish, "Seriously, shut the fuck up about Fez 2. Never going to happen. You don't deserve it."
Once again, Fish seems to show how much of an ass he is. I do understand that the internet can be a caustic environment, especially when creating something that sucks up years of your life which you have poured your heart into, but sinking to that level just makes you apart of that culture, not above it. In all honesty, it's probably a good thing that Fez 2 isn't happening.
- Minecraft May Join Oculus Anyways: When Facebook bought out Oculus, many developers were up in arms, but none more openly than Markus Persson, commonly referred to as Notch. However, recently Notch has announced publicly that he is over the buy out, which has lead to John Carmack offering to port the popular game to Oculus Rift. "Say the word, ship the source, and I'll make sure it runs well on you-know-what… ," responded Carmack to Notch's tweet.
Minecraft is just the game that could push Oculus Rift from being something only hobbyists will look at to a device that gameplayers want to play with. VR is still a hard sell, but a game that is so popular across age and cultural barriers would help sell Oculus, hands down. It'll be interesting to see what Notch will say next.
- Nintendo Responds to Robin Williams Petition: Fans have flocked to the internet to petition that late actor Robin Williams be memorialized in the next Legend of Zelda game. Nintendo has finally responded to fans, stating:
"Robin Williams was loved at Nintendo. Our hearts go out to his entire family, and especially to Zelda Williams who we've worked with multiple times.We appreciate the outpouring of support from the gaming community, and hear the request of fans to honor him in a future game. We will not be discussing what might be possible for future games during this difficult time, but we will hold our memories of Robin close."
It's nice of both fans to petition to have the revered actor memorialized in one of his favorite game franchises and of Nintendo to respond to this petition. I appreciate that Nintendo is being honest and staying away from any attempt to memorialize him at this time. It feels too fresh to discuss something like this, as the family (and fans) still has plenty of grieving to go through first. Williams has been a fan of the franchise for years, even naming his girl after the titular princess from the game, and it would be a nice touch to eventually see something about him in there, but at a later date.
- Konami Shuts Down Fan Made Metal Gear Remake: As of today, Outer Haven is no more. The mod team has been working on a remake of the original Metal Gear game, which would have help from David Hayter, the voice of Solid Snake, to help add validity to the project. Originally okay with the project as long as it was not sold for profit, Konami has officially asked the team to shut the project down.
This is really a shame. The team has been hard at work, devoting hours upon hours of personal time on this project only to be shut down once it started gaining traction. I can only imagine how frustrated the team is, as it feels (at least to me) like Konami has gone back on it's word. Some speculate that the stopping of this project is due to the desire to make an actual, in house remake.
- Xbox One's August update is now live.
- Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor is getting a Season Pass.
- Guacamelee: Super Turbo Championship Edition is coming to Steam this week.
- PS4 AR game The Playroom is getting it's new DLC tonight.