Hello and welcome to the Gamer's Source, your destination for gaming conversation. Over the weekend numerous gaming networks were attacked by hackers, including PlayStation Network and Battle Net and an internal leak shows the full roster of the newest Super Smash Bros. So, without further ado, the news:
- PSN and Others Hacked Over the Weekend: Over the weekend a hacker group attacked numerous gaming networks, including PSN, Battle Net and Xbox Live. These DDoS attacks have shut down the various networks for as little as a few hours for some and as long as the whole weekend for others. The group Lizard Squad has taken credit for the attacks. As of this writing, all networks are now back up and running.
DDoS attacks are really nothing more than an inconvenience. The big question still is why? There has been no real reasoning other than to show off and flex a little, but otherwise, this is just a minor inconvenience to gamers. Hopefully Microsoft, Sony and Blizzard pay attention and find a way to prevent this from happening in the future.
- Super Smash Bros Roster Possibly Leaked: New videos have emerged from last weeks leaks of Super Smash Bros roster. These videos show some rather convincing evidence that this may actually be the final roster for the game. Take a look for yourself here and leave some comments below on what you think. Personally, I know that Nintendo is probably a little upset that this leak will dry up all further announcements, leading to less build up and excitement leading up to the game launch.
- Amazon to Buy Twitch Instead of Google: Despite reports from earlier this year, it appears that Google may not actually be purchasing the game streaming giant Twitch. Rather, it looks like Amazon will be buying the company to the tune of $1 billion.
This is huge news and actually has me a little worried. Unlike Google, who tends to buy companies and incorporate them under the Google umbrella only to run as it always has, Amazon absorbs the companies and utilizes them for Amazon, meaning that Twitch may very well only be available on Amazon products.
- A new Yakuza game has been announced for PS3 and PS4.
- Freedom Wars DLC is coming to Soul Sacrifice this week.
- Don't Starve is coming to Vita on September 2nd, and will be free for PS4 owners of the game.